California Gold – How to Raise Capital through Venture Capital, Private Equity and Crowd Funding
March 12, 2015
California has established itself as the global leader in internet, technology and industrial advances. Easy access to capital provides California with the opportunity to attract talented entrepreneurs and create an environment that nurtures new innovations and disruptive technologies. When new companies are successful, the money comes right back to California, funding a new generation of ventures. It is this ecosystem that has made California a rich and fertile ground for raising capital and incubating the next generation of companies.
CAIA San Francisco is hosting an educational panel event for its Members, Candidates and Guests addressing topics related to successful capital raising in California, including:
- The sources of capital (VC, PE and Crowd Funding), their salient features, advantages & differences
- The industries, sectors & business stages these sources of capital support
- The criteria to enable funding through these sources and the hurdles typically encountered
- The role of the California government in enabling, supporting and protecting the industry & the benefits it receives, as well as the role of regulation and the SEC
- The availability of capital and trends in raising new capital
5:30 – 6:00 pm Registration
6:00 – 7:15 pm Panel Discussion followed by Q & A
7:15 – 8:30 pm Refreshments with the Panel
Fees to Attend:
$15.00 Members and Candidates
Moderator: Mark Anson, CIO, Bass Family Office & CAIA Board Member
Sean Bill, Investment Program Manager, Valley Transportation Authority, & Trustee, City of San Jose Police and Fire Department Retirement Plan
Mike Cagney, Co-Founder & CEO, Chairman, SoFi
Jamie Hale, Founding Partner, Aldenwood Capital
Jamie Scarbrough, Vice President, Jasper Ridge Partners
The event space is generously sponsored by Charles Schwab.
Please note that this event is open to CAIA Members, Candidates and their guests. This event is not open to the media.